Loose Women’s Nadia Sawalha shows horror burns injury amid ‘week from hell’

Nadia Sawalha has shared a shocking snap of her horrific burns injury after having “the week from hell”.

The 56-year-old Loose Women panellist said she has been scarred from the mystery accident and has told fans that she has a further photo of the blisters which is “too gruesome” to share.

The TV personality told fans about the difficult few days she has had which has seen her beloved dog, a cockapoo called Chi Chi, is feeling unwell and is close to passing away.

Nadia told her fans on Instagram : “This really has been the week from hell!

“I’m calling this my IDIOT INJURY! What a PLONKER I am!”



Nadia Sawalha has revealed her horror burns injury
Nadia Sawalha has revealed her horror burns injury

Nadia then teased: “You will NOT believe how I got these burns. It’s quite a a story.”

She promised to tell the whole story when she went live on her YouTube channel on Saturday, kicking off the big reveal by saying she was a “f***ing idiot”.

Nadia said that it was quite a spectacular incident that left her with the burns and it involved honey in a plastic bottle and her microwave.

She explained to her fans: “I opened the microwave and the plastic bottle was two seconds from exploding like shrapnel.

“I panic and go to get the honey. It leaps out the pot and sprays everywhere all over me and splashes up my neck.

“I was screaming and pulling my clothes off. I stuck my head in the sink. The pain was excruciating.”

Nadia added: “I did this on Tuesday and the blistering (pics to gruesome to show you!) has been too bad to put anything on it.

“But I think I should start using something ASAP .

“Any suggestions would be greatly received ! You always have such great advice!!”



Nadia Sawalha says she's had a "week from hell"
Nadia Sawalha says she’s had a “week from hell”

Nadia’s celebrity friends were quick to comment with Good Morning Britain host Susanna Reid writing: “Poor thing – get well soon.”

Meanwhile, actress Kate Beckinsale was shocked, writing: “Nooooo.”

As well as burning herself, Nadia also detailed earlier in the week about how ill her pet dog was and her fears that she was at death’s door.

On Tuesday, Nadia shared: “Chi chi has quite frankly been through hell over the last week. Bless her.

“She has been in hospital since Monday night. It’s been an absolute roller coaster as her symptoms were so complexed and therefore baffling .

“The range of specialists she’s seen over the last week have been left utterly perplexed as to what’s been wrong with her .”

The TV star continued: “She has had every test and scan imaginable .

“They have thankfully been able to manage her pain throughout and she has been heavily sedated . She’s been through so much and is so bloody brave .

“There have been many suggestions for her diagnosis everything from snake bites to lupus has been discussed . And at one point they thought the internal bleeding she’d had would leave her totally blind.”

Fortunately there was good news for Nadia and her family as they were told that their beloved dog had survived.



Nadia Sawalha has said the horrific injury was her own fault
Nadia Sawalha has said the horrific injury was her own fault

She continued: “The vet told us they had settled on a diagnosis of an autoimmune disease which can hopefully be treated with drugs for the rest of her life.

“She’s not out of the woods yet and she will be in hospital for a while longe. BUT the great news is she’s not totally blind as we’d feared .

“The vet said he feels her vision has improved a little in one eye!

“Words cannot describe how relieved we are.” .

Nadia finished by saying: “And chi chi we love you so much! You have fought such a hard fight and that’s because you bloody love life. Our brave sweet panda pup we can’t wait for you to be home!”

Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct 0207 29 33033.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *